When should I book an international flight?
As a general rule, it's best to book flights as soon as you know your travel dates.
How airlines batch seat prices
The exception to the rule (because there always is one)!
The higher the risk when booking international flights, the greater the potential reward.
7 tips for finding the cheapest flights
1. Avoid flying on Fridays
2. Be flexible with your travel dates
In general, you can find cheaper flights for weekdays than for weekends.
3. Use price comparison websites
Always check for hidden fees, as some airlines advertise a low fee but then make you pay extra for things that are normally inclusions, liking check-in luggage.
4. Use price alerts
5. Consider alternative airports
6. Join frequent flyer programmes
7. Try a price guarantee or freeze
Some controversial advice
1. Use a VPN
2. Book connecting flights separately
Can travel agents get you cheaper flights?