A word of caution to others traveling to Sri Lanka: don’t be deceived by the size of the country – there is so much to see and do!
1. Climb 5,500 steps to reach Adams Peak
2. Enjoy the world's most beautiful train ride
3. Tour Uva Halpewaththa Tea Factory
4. Take a walk across Nine Arch Bridge
5. Spot elephants in Udawalawe National Park
6. Enjoy a peaceful lagoon safari in Pottuvil
7. Marvel at the Dambulla Cave Temples
8. Spot whales and dolphins in Mirissa
It was my most active holiday yet, from exploring Sigiriya’s natural beauty, the charm of Kandy, or the beaches surrounding the stunning Galle Fort – there was so much to experience.
9. Snorkel with sharks on Pigeon Island
10. Swim in the pools of Ravana Falls
11. Hike Sigiriya Lion Rock Fortress
12. Soak in the history of Polonnaruwa ruins
13. Kitesurf on the coast of Kalpitiya
14. Go white-water rafting in Kitulgala
15. Surf the waves in Aragum Bay
16. Check out the famous temples of Kandy
17. Relax on pristine Unawatuna Beach
I am amazed at the vast array of geographic topography in Sri Lanka as well as the beauty each one possesses. It would be difficult for me to identify a favourite since all were distinct and wonderful in their own right.
18. Spot the stilt fisherman in Galle
19. Take a swing in Dalawella
20. Hike and swim Diyaluma Falls