The best foods and drinks for acclimatising
If you remember only one thing from this blog post, please let it be to drink plenty of water when at high altitude!
2. Complex carbs like oats
3. Iron-rich foods like spinach
4. High-antioxidant foods like berries
5. Potassium-rich foods like bananas
6. Lean proteins like lentils
7. Garlic and ginger
8. Coriander (cilantro) and cocoa
The worst foods and drinks when acclimatising
1. Very salty foods
2. (Excessive) caffeine
Note that dark-yellow urine is a sure sign that you're dehydrated.
3. Heavy, fatty meals
4. Lots of dairy
5. Highly processed foods
6. Spicy foods
7. Sugary foods
Please note: it's important to eat at regular intervals on a high-altitude trek and not skip meals as low blood sugar can worsen the symptoms of altitude sickness.