10 science-supported reasons for adventure travel
Adventure travel is always a good idea. And we have solid reasons for saying this, some of which may surprise you. So let's quickly define adventure travel, and then dive into the 10 reasons why you should plan an adventure trip for the near future!
What is adventure travel?
Adventure travel is less about consumerism and more about investing in experiences that lead to lifelong memories.
Reasons for adventure travel
1. Nature is truly restorative
Nature reduces your stress level and makes you happier.
Spend time barefoot
Go forest bathing
2. We all need a digital detox
Fewer photos are better
3. Our health and fitness need revitalising
Set an adventure goal
Nature makes exercise easier
Get away from daily stressors
4. Local economies need travellers
We've seen it first hand
5. Travel heightens self-awareness
It also builds self-confidence
6. Adventure trips teach us gratitude
Adventure travel often takes us to remote and underdeveloped parts of the globe.
7. It’s time to meet new people
Make new friends
You already have something in common with your fellow travellers that can form the foundation for a friendship: a love for travel!
8. The outdoors makes you smarter
It even improves your memory!
9. The world’s natural spaces need dollars
10. We all need something to look forward to
Adventure travel beats out regular travel in a pandemic